Jan 2021 - Yes we are accepting new projects;
No-contact Pickup and Drop off service, and Electronic Consulting services.
Get the process started by completing the form below.
- Include your name, the project you have, any questions you might have and the dimensions of your quilt top if you want an estimate of the costs involved. If at this point you would like to use the convenience of smart phone messaging, please also include your cell contact. We use an iPhone. Customers have found this a safe and convenient way to communicate as we do not have to be in the Studio to respond. All personal information is kept strictly confidential and shared with no one without your permission. Include a pic of your project if possible.
- For those customers who can visit our Studio in Richmond BC, we invite you for an in-house consultation. You can see first hand my setup and what is required. Bring your quilt top along to see the possibilities and potentials.
- For out-of-town customers, you can use delivery methods of your choice. I will provide you with the mailing address.
- Our service is set up for you to provide the quilt top, batting and backing of your choice. I can provide the batting. We offer North American made Bosal batting. This is a premium 80/20 cotton/polyester blend, needle punched for stability and offers great hand, and little shrinkage. You can also choose from Legacy by Pellon, or Warm and Natural (heavy). We offer 20% off the MSRP if the quilting is done here. See the Materials section for batting requirements.
- We offer a full line of Signature Cotton solids and variagated quilting thread. We can discuss your choice of color once we have started the process.
- There are significant differences between free motion and robotic quilting systems. For those quilters not familiar with Digital designs and Robotics, I urge you to check YouTube videos of the qBot Version 3. The target market for these videos are the owners of the system, but will give you insight as to it's capabilities.
- In order for proper mounting of the quilt top, the backing should be 5 inches wider on each side of the quilt top (10 inches in total) and the length be 6 inches longer. This is required for mounting the backing on the frame. The top, batting and backing should be folded separately.
- Unless otherwise requested, the finished quilt will be returned to you rough trimmed and without binding. We can, if requested, prepare the binding strips for your quilt. We also offer a complete binding service (either machine stitched or hand sewn). Hand sewn stitches are often required by Quilting Guilds but not as durable as machine stitched ones.
- Pay for your finished quilt using the acceptable payments outlined on the Pricing page and you then pick up your quilt if local or have it shipped back using your preferred method.
Start the process by completing the form below.